- Open your terminal app
diskutil listand hit enter
- Note the disk volume of your bootcamp partition, (example: /dev/disk0s3)
- Next find the Volume UUID of your bootcamp partition by typing
diskutil info /dev/diskXsYwhere X is your disk and Y is your bootcamp partition. i.e.
diskutil info /dev/disk0s3
- The result will return information of
Type (Bundle): ntfs and Volume UUID: XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX
- Note both of those paramaters, and copy the Volume UUID into your clipboard.
sudo vifsand enter your password
- Once in vifs, type ‘a’ and hit enter.
- Create a new line on the bottom of the page.
- Copy and paste this EXACTLY as it is printed here (except) replace the UUID with your UUID that you copied in step 6:
# Forbid Mounting of Bootcamp volume at boot by uncommenting the line below UUID=XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX none ntfs ro,noauto
11. Press escape, then hold
shift and type
zz to save the file.
12. Bootcamp will now be properly forbidden from automounting at MacOS Boot.